Thursday, March 26, 2015

Interview with Darlene Fredette, Author of Twist of Faith



What made you decide to be an author?
So many stories swimming in my head demanding I write them. I also like to write about love and happy-ever-afters.

What do you like best about being a writer? What do you like the least?
I like the freedom of a schedule. Some days that means I get a lot of writing done and other days I don’t get one word. What I like least are the days I don’t get any writing done.

How do you think your life experiences have prepared you for writing?
My life experiences haven’t been novel worthy, other than marrying my hero and having a beautiful baby girl. However, my high school English teacher told me I had a flair for writing. I should have listened to her way back then.
Have you ever felt as if you were being dictated to while you wrote a book--as if the words came of their own accord? If yes, which book did that happen with?
All my stories are mapped in my head from start to finish. Getting them into print is the hard part. So much information - so little time.

You’ve written 4 novels and are working on a 5th novel. What’s your favorite time management tip?
Write when you can. Failing a deadline is too depressing, so I don’t set them.
Are you a plotter or a pantser, i.e., do you outline your books ahead of time or are you an “organic” writer?
I make notes of the outline and characters. Then fill in the details as I write the story.
If you had one take away piece of advice for authors, what would it be?
Don’t let pressure sit on your shoulders. Do life’s-daily tasks first. You’re then free to write, and the words will flow much easier.
Did music help you find your muse with this book? If yes, which song did you find yourself going back to over and over again as you wrote?
I don’t listen to music while writing as I find it too distracting. I end up singing more than writing, lol. However, music does find a place in many of my stories. In this particular book, my heroine likes to listen to Michael BublĂ© when she goes on her morning run.
Tell me more about Twist of Faith.


     Katrina has one goal—follow through on her late-grandmother’s last request, to oversee the renovation of Katrina’s childhood home. The handsome contractor is distracting, but she refuses to be swayed by his deep brown eyes and broad shoulders. A summer romance is not part of the plan. When the truth is discovered about her family’s past, Katrina fears her own future is in jeopardy. She doesn’t have faith, but the twists that lie ahead may just change her mind.
     Nick refuses to accept help from anyone, until Katrina gives him an ultimatum—one he can’t refuse. Her renovation project will save his business, but puts his heart on the line. Can he convince Katrina to stay or will a promise to her late-grandmother pull her away? With a little twist of Faith, the odds may be in his favor.

How about an excerpt from Twist of Faith?

    The man shifted his weight.
    Suddenly, the air cooled around her. For the first time since she spied him in her home, Katrina stared face-to-face at her intruder. Past the pain, she saw a strong jaw line and a chin framed by the shadow of a goatee, or as they say in Paris, a French beard. A perfect set of lips held a thin moustache and his brown layered hair fell just above his chin. Dark brown eyes kept her gaze captivated. Johnny Depp has broken into my house.
    His face didn’t belong to someone who made a living from breaking-and-entering. This face belonged to a refined and hard-working man. She could tell there was more to the story behind those eyes, but the instant she stared at his lips, her thoughts turned to mush.
    He stumbled to stand, leaning on the wall for support. Johnny Depp kicked the wood, sending it rolling to the other side of the room.
    Katrina, now believing he meant no harm, accepted the hand he offered to help her from the floor. She ignored the tingling sensation running up her arm, knowing the fuss couldn’t be from the strong hand holding hers.
    He inhaled a deep breath and opened his mouth to speak, but shook his head instead. Frowning, he pointed a finger toward the card on the floor and limped to the exit, slamming the door behind him.
    She bent to pick up the card, which read, Donaldson and Porter, Architecture and Contracting, Nick Porter. Her shoulders dropped. “Damn!”
    Katrina now had less than twenty-four hours to master the art of groveling.
Where can readers find more about your stories, books and you on the Internet?

Buy Links:
The Wild Rose Press: 

Amazon:


Darlene Fredette, thank you so much for being with us here today. I know my readers will enjoy your work and your interview.
Sharon, it was so much fun! Thank you for letting me share a little about me and my new book, Twist of Faith.

2 comments: