Friday, July 8, 2016

Interview with Miriam Pia, Author of The Double Life of Tutweiler Buckhead: An Adventure in Indianapolis.



What made you decide to be an author?  When I was 20 years old hanging around at home with my boyfriend (who I lived with) I decided to try to write a novel.  There were other writers in the family so this seemed less unusual.  Instead of giving up at page 123 or anything, in 6 months (full time uni student, part time job, living as a live in girlfriend) I had an entire rough draft.  I spent some of my free time for another few years honing the 2nd and 3rd drafts.  After more editing, I presently hope to finally get the current form of that novel released this year – in 2016.  It was because I was able to write an entire novel that it occurred to me that I could write novels. 
What do you like best about being a writer?  I like being able to use my strengths of being good with language, creative, analytical thinker.   In some ways I love it and so I am one but in other respects I just am one, so I don't have much choice....sort of like I am a woman – I don't have that much choice about that. In truth, I tried to get a day job as a philosophy professor.  I knew much of the job is teaching but I would also need to write a few books and some articles.  Writing a novel helped me to feel more confident about being able to do the book writing part of that job.
What do you like the least?  Suffering from being underpaid and the bad news of using the term 'writer'.  Most well paid professional writers do not even call themselves writers.  They are journalists or lawyers or professors, or newspaper people or columnists.  They work in Communications or Documentation.  Often when I say 'writer' I get a bad emotion about suffering from umemployment and the mixed reactions people have to 'doing it for love but needing to be paid and wanting to be paid well' instead of doing it either 'just for the money' or 'just for love – of course I would never accept any money for it' which are the two extremes out there.
Frustrated by the audacity of local villains, the sheriff of Marion County turns to the mayor. Urban fiction set in a real city, The Double Life of Tutweiler Buckhead takes some of the charm of vigilante comic book heroism and mixes it with the nitty gritty of contemporary crime fiction.

A band of champions searches for the missing pieces in the evil plot of a local drug kingpin in The Double Life of Tutweiler Buckhead: An Adventure in Indianapolis.

Ideal for those who love events of the outside world and the workings of the mind – characters’ actions and thoughts are portrayed in this contemporary novel – with just a touch of magic.

Miriam Pia has been writing for decades, including over ten years as a professional.  Most of her work was done without a byline and as a ghostwriter.  This is the author's first published novel.
http://miriampia.com/
http://sbpra.com/miriampia/
https://www.facebook.com/miriam.pia1

No comments:

Post a Comment